Tuesday, May 3, 2011

A Girlee, Pink, and Gold, Shimmerz Palette

For this layout, I truly wanted to capture the girlee in my girl, and I chose a perfectly girl-esque Shimmerz palette. Golds, and pinks, in their Shimmery beauty did exactly what I hoped.

I first laid down a few scraps of paper, and then smeared crackle paste on the background for dimension. I then flicked Shimmerz Vibez in Pop Art Pink around, and then spritzed Shimmeringz in Goldie Lox all over the paste for an all over shimmer. 

Then I flicked a bit more Pop Art Pink and Goldie Lox on top of my letters, and after that dried, I painted a bit of Blingz in Gold Glimmer in random spots to highlight/distress/glam up my title.

 

then I dripped some more Blingz in Gold Gimmer around the cluster that I created, 
as well as painted along some of my watch parts and gears. 

But my favorite use of Shimmerz on this layout? The photo effects. I dipped my paintbrush into Shimmerz Spritz in Caribbean Sunset and then colored in parts of her dress. The pale pink color immediately reacted with the printed black and white image, and turned each blossom in her dress a beautiful peachy and green hue, which I think really made the layout come alive. 


xx Heidi
 


2 comments:

Stac said...

So pretty and elegant! Lovely!!

Christie Bryant said...

This is GORGEOUS!!!!