just sharing a fun little project I whipped up on a cold day down here
in Texas, using a frame, strips of tissue, some cupcake liners
(I LOVE using those!), a little mod podge, a super cute
photo...all mixed together with some Shimmerz gives you this:
This wooden frame I found had 1 inch pieces that made up the entire frame.
I wanted to keep the look of the strips so I did the following:
- trimmed 1 inch strips from this beautiful pack of tissue I found in a local gift shop
- coated the frame AND the strips with Mod Podge and glued them to the frame.
- spritzed each strip with Shimmerz Spritz in Licorice first, then Concrete while the glue was still wet, making the frame even MORE shimmery.
- painted the inside of the frame with black paint & spritzed Concrete on top, then let dry.
after the frame was covered and dry from painting, I took 3 cupcake holders and made into
a flower by:
- flattening out each liner
- placing each one on top of the other
- while upside down (the pattern or color facing you), pinching the bottom of the cupcake liners together on one side, then the other, giving them this full flower effect
- top with cute sentiment or button to cover the staples.
after the flower was complete, I spritzed Concrete Shimmerz all over
and glued to the frame.
The final step was adding the cute photograph of my kiddo's...
I hope you've enjoyed today's Shimmerz Smile!
Have a GREAT day!