Friday, June 4, 2010

Kitchen Plate Masking with Shimmerz Spritz and Vibez


Instead of purchasing pre-made masks, why not make your own mask using a kitchen plate? That's exactly what I did for my Jugglers layout.

 

Materials: My Little Shoebox papers, Shimmerz Vibez in Sunset Strip and Shimmerz Spritz in Caribbean Sunset
I simply took a piece of scrap paper, traced my kitchen plate and used the resulting circle to mask off the center of my background paper. I spritzed using Sunset Strip Vibez and Caribbean Sunset Spritz. To make my masking stand out more, I sewed around the edges using white thread.



Have fun with this technique!
xoxo
Bethany Kartchner

8 comments:

Stacy Cohen said...

I loooooooooooooove this layout, Bethany!!

Taj White said...

Such a super fun technique and super fun lo.

Anna Fourie said...

i go one step lazier and just plonk the plate straight on my page... ;) the spritz washes straight off!

Stac said...

What a super fun page!!! Great idea, and technique.

Roberta said...

Great idea Bethany! Thanks

清民 said...

怠惰使一切事情都困難,勤勞使一切事情都容易 ..................................................

Christie Bryant said...

Such a great idea! Totally love this layout!

Lori Renn said...

I'll totally use this technique! I've done it with paper but never thought of a plate! :)