Here is some more eye candy and ideas for you!
By Design Team Member Tajanee White:
"The scalloped Maya Road chipboard banner, and small Petaloo flower were both painted with Shimmerz 'BlueBerry Cobbler', once that was dry I added a coat of Blingz in 'Hi Ho Silver'. I used a medium white Petaloo flower and sprayed it with Vibez 'Sunset Strip', then painted Blingz 'Pixie Dust' on top for additional shine. Then I finished it off with a large white Petaloo flower and sprayed a heavy coat of Vibez 'Hermit the Frog'. Once that dried I painted a coat of Blingz 'Pixie Dust' onto the flowers, and cut the flowers in half. I layered the rest of my embellishments.
The Petaloo flower at the top of the layout was painted with Shimmerz in 'Carmel'. I didn't add anything additional to that flower. The shine was perfect for the flower to be layered underneath the bird."
"The first flower and the last flower are the same. The white flower is two sizes of flowers glued together and the center is a pom pom from ball fringe trim that is added at the end. The white flowers are spritzed with Shimmerz Baby's Breath paint.
The peach daisy is two flowers of the same size painted Shimmerz Carribbean Sunset and glued together. The petal edges are brushed with Shimmerz Island Salsa. When they have dried I added a foam ball to the center that is painted with Shimmerz Island Salsa. The two levels of flower petals are built up with Helmar 450 quick dry adhesive to create dimension and the foam center is attached with the same adhesive.
The yellow flower is made up of three layer of petals spritzed with Shimmerz Sunset Strip and then I painted the tips of the petals with Sunflower. The center of the yellow flower is white small petals painted with Shimmerz Baby's Breath.
The large peach flower started as large white flowers with huge round petals. I cut each petal in small strips and them rolled and curled them to create a lacy effect for this flower. The paints that I used on the flower are Shimmerz Carribbean Sunset, Razzle dazzle Berry in the center of the flower, I used Shimmerz Island Sunset on the edges of the petals.
This was a really fun project I hope you get the opportunity to create your own floral creations using Shimmerz and Petaloo products."
By Education Team Member Bethany Kartchner:"I love the gorgeous imperfections of real flowers. If you look closely, they are rarely one solid color. There are slight variations in hue, spots that are uncolored and wrinkles in the petals. When I make flowers for my projects, I try to replicate those variations that occur in nature. Layering paper flowers gives them wonderful dimension especially when you scrunch and smoosh them in your palm. I love to use at least two different Shimmerz Spritz or Vibez colors when I make my flowers. I line my flowers up by size and I spritz them. (On this project, I used RazzleDazzle Berry.) I make sure to spritz more on the bigger flowers (that will be on the outside) and less on the smaller flowers. The smallest flower gets a very light spritz of my first color and a large dose of my second color. (On this project, I used Sunset Strip.) I allow the flowers to almost dry before I adhere each layer and finish off with a few seed beads in the center. I love using white Petaloo flowers because they come in many different sizes that fit together perfectly to make beautifully layered 3-dimensional works. In order to personalize my flowers, my medium of choice is Shimmerz Vibez (if you're looking for a more intense color) and Shimmerz Spritz (if you'd like a lighter wash of color). The shimmer is gorgeous and the coverage is amazing. Plus, you can create very subtle variations in color that make your flowers appear like you just picked them from the garden. No green thumbs required!"
By Design Team Member Christine Penaflor:Shimmerz products used:
Baby's Breath Spritz
Bed of Roses Spritz
Penny Pincher Vibez
Razzle Dazzle Berry Vibez
Angel Wings Shimmerz
Instructions for this project:
1. Apply crackle medium onto the roof of the house (follow manufacturer's instructions for best results) and paint over medium with cream acrylic paint. Allow to dry then spray the roof with Baby's Breath Spritz. Let dry.
2. Spray Petaloo flowers with Bed of Roses Spritz. Adhere flowers to the roof in layers to resemble shingles.
3. Paint a piece of scalloped metal with gesso and spray with Baby's Breath Spritz. Adhere to the the roof as shown and adhere mica glitter along the metal piece and top of chimney. Embellish chimney with pearls.
4. Paint chipboard hearts with acrylic paint, let dry, and cover with Angel's Wings Shimmerz. Adhere to roof as shown in photo. Embellish gable with rows of pearls.
5. Adhere white vintage trim along the bottom edge of the roof. Print sentiment on cream cardstock. Spray with Baby's Breath Spritz and ink edges with distress ink. Punch holes on both ends of the sentiment.
6. Spray pink ribbon with Penny Pincher Vibez and crinkle ribbon while drying with a heat tool. Thread ribbon through holes of sentiment and adhere this to the front of the house layering it above the vintage trim. Tie ribbon into a bow.
7. Spray a Petaloo flower with Baby's Breath Spritz and attach to bow with a pearl brad.
8. Paint the base of the house with cream acrylic paint. Spray vintage music paper with Baby's Breath Spritz. When dry, adhere paper to the house.
Once again, a huge thank you to Petaloo for their generosity in supplying our entire design team with their Color Me Crazy flowers. We truly had a great time with them!
Stay tuned tomorrow as we close the week out! Even more is in store.