Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Sleeping Beauty

I have been playing with the Shimmerz products for a little while now and I’m in love. I’ve always been one for sparkles, but this product outdoes itself. It adds the perfect sparkle and shine to any project. Celebrating Sparkle Saturday since college has always been fun, and now I have an avenue to scrap on Sparkle Thursday whenever my heart desires.

For this layout, I used the new Pearlz (LOVE them), Blingz, and of course Vibez.
I started with a super fun paper from my stash. Then I mounted my picture with a piece of cardstock and embellished the edges with Razzel Dazzel Berry Vibez. After painting some of the leaves on the trees and the cloud, I made raised polka dots with Pearlz using the color Pearl. The technique I used was to dip the end of my paint brush in the product and layered several coats of paint to create raised dots. I love how they turned out.



For the Thicker letters, I painted the brackets with Pearlz Ballet Slipper. After the first coat dried, I went back and painted another layer over the top, working the material to create a cracked/distressed look.

The embellies were also painted with Ballet Slipper.



Thanks for visiting – I can’t wait to share more with you in the coming weeks!

~ Jessie A.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Samantha McElyea said...

I LOVE IT! Such a cute layout. And baby (:

Stac said...

Adorable page! She is sleeping beauty. GREAT JOB Jessie!!!

Angela W said...

Aww, so cute!

Roberta said...

Very creative and pretty!
Congrats Jessie!

Andrea @ Knitty Bitties said...

Great job Jess! Enjoy your month showing off your 'sparkles.'

I really like the shimmery embellishments ... of course the darling subject matter doesn't hurt either ;).

Lori Renn said...

Great job, Jessie! Adorable.

Andrea said...

Awesome job Jessie!! I can't wait to see more!

Stacy Cohen said...

Such a pretty page!!