Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Setting the Mood!

One of my favorite things about scrapbooking with color is that it allows you to set the mood. I am a moody scrapbooker and tend to scrap how I feel or how my subject feels. And one of the best ways to do this is thru none else than color. Well lucky us, Shimmerz has a HUGE array of colors, ranging from happy and springy to dark and moody.

On this particular layout, my daughter Zoe, was feeling tired, worn down and just NOT in the mood for pictures. You know the typical 8 year old who acts 15! I wanted to maintain the mood that I captured in the photograph and used my Shimmerz Vibez to help translate those feelings onto paper: Jeni B Bleu and Grape Escape were the perfect colors to coordinate with my patterned paper and photo.

I found an old Fancy Pants frame that I thought might be fun to spritz and use as a focal point for my photo. I applied mulitple layers of both aforementioned colors until I achieved the look I was aiming for:

After the paint was dry, I added layers of rubon's both on the chipboard frame and on the paper underneath. I was also able to change the color of my chipboard alphas by spritzing them with Jeni B Bleu!


I spritzed my background grid paper which was already had gray and purple tones to it with the same colors and helped make the page a bit more vibrant. After adding my other embellishments, my photo and my journaling, I ended up with a page that was a bit dark and moody but that I love nonetheless:

A layout with my daughter, faking her smile, pretending to be happy, just for her momma.

Just remember, you don't always have to scrap the bright and sunny sides of life and if you decide to go a bit deeper and moodier, than Shimmerz is sure to have the colors for you!

Dena

4 comments:

Jana Eubank said...

Oh, I LOVE THIS, Dena!!! Beautiful!

Samantha McElyea said...

SO cute!!! :)

Stac said...

SO many great extra touches.
Beau-T-fulllllll!

Roberta said...

This is fabulous. I love it.

Ciao ciao