Saturday, January 23, 2010

Shiny Cupcake Flowers

I've had the BEST time playing with and discovering FUN ways to
use the Teresa Collins Pearlz.  An idea popped in my head while
strolling through the aisles of Hobby Lobby.
Then back at home...
I got all the necessary items I'd need together for my
idea of shiny cupcake flowers:
















and went to town creating:






















I laid out the cupcake holders and cinched them together
by using my Tim Holtz tiny attacher (a mini stapler)
One cupcake flower I did using 2 holders.
The other flower was just a single holder
that I punched holes around (just for added dimension).
Next I barely sprayed Ruby Spritz and dried using
my  heat gun.

Then I painted Ballet Slipper Pearlz on both
and also dried using my heat gun.
The last step to my flowers was to put a center in them
and glue them to my layout:
































On my layout I also used red heart doilies I found.
One one I left solid red, the other I painted using
Ballet Slipper Pearlz.

And I also added the Ballet Slipper around the edge of my photo
as a frame. I LOVE doing this. Really adds great texture
to photo's!
On my matte, I used Tim Holtz Grungeboard
that  I first sprayed with Ruby Spritz, let dry..
next with Bed of Roses Spritz, let it dry...
and topped with Ballet Slipper.
I added Grey Flannet Pearlz around
the edges of the grungeboard.
It's REALLY shiny and gorgeous!
Pearlz makes a statement.

I love how this layout turned out.
I hope you are enjoying the new Pearlz release!
They are GORGEOUS and SO FUN to work with!!
Have a wonderful day!
Thank you for letting me share with you today...

~Leslie



18 comments:

Christine said...

What a gorgeous layout, Leslie! I love the flowers you created with the cupcake holders...such a great idea and they turned out beautifully!

Thanks so much for the inspiration!

Sheri Twing said...

Beautiful as always Leslie! Gorgeous flowers!

Unknown said...

its beautiful

Daniela Dobson said...

I love this!!! Those flowers are beautiful!

Joaniebolognie said...

WOW! Amazing flowers from simple cupcake liners!!!! YOu are so darn creative girl!!!

Scrapinkats said...

So creative.. I love those flowers... I have been looking for a extra item for a book I am working on thanks!

Cassie_lu said...

what a great idea and it looks so cute and grungy

LG said...

this is beyond words!!!

JgWM said...

These are just beautiful. You are so creative!!

Stac said...

What a gorgeous LO Leslie! The cupcake papers are GENIUS!!! Love you Girlie!

Nitasha said...

This is gorgeous! I just received my Pearlz {that I won on the Shimmerz blog- yeah!} in the mail today and I'm superexcited to play with them tommorrow! Thanks for sharing step by step process of this awesome lo. Maybe I'll be brave and try to make one of those amazing cupcake flowers.

Unknown said...

This is gorgeous! I love it!

Stacy Cohen said...

What a fantastic idea!!!!!! This is gorgeous!!

Taj White said...

what a sweet technique. love the layout. I will have to give this a try.

Roberta said...

WOW! You are so creative! Those flowers are wonderful!

Jana Eubank said...

This is absolutely AMAZING!!! Can't wait to try this! Hope mine ends up looking as FABULOUS as yours! ;)

Leslie Ashe said...

oh WOW!! You all made my smile bigger and brighter than the northern star!! THANK YOU!!

I can't wait to see all your cupcake flowers!! HUGS!

Samantha McElyea said...

Leslie! Girl, this is awesome!!! I love the pinks and reds. SO cute :)