Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Shimmerz and Journaling


Are you a lettering junkie like me? I love playing around with my writing. One of my favorite techniques is to emphasize certain words by filling them in with Shimmerz. On Moments Together, I wrote the outline of the word wonder and filled it in with Sky Blue Shimmerz.


Here is a close-up so you can see the gorgeous iridescent quality of Shimmerz. It almost looks like the word glows from within!


Materials: Shimmerz Sky Blue, Shimmerz Spritz Mudpie; Martha Stewart glitter and glue pen; My Little Shoebox papers and overlays; Sharpie pens; Uniball signo white pen; Tim Holtz mask

Another technique that I employed on this layout is spritzing. Using Mudpie, I spritzed my background paper (My Little Shoebox) and a Tim Holtz mini-mask. Then to give that masking more oomph, I outlined it with silver glitter. This may be one of my new favorite techniques!

Happy Creating!

xoxo
Bethany Kartchner

4 comments:

VAWM said...

This is adorable. I am anxious to try the technique, even though your writing is way cooler than mine!

Stac said...

Super-Duper job Bethany! What a sweet layout. Love your ideas.

Natalie said...

This LO is absolutely stunning! I love playing with lettering and typography too. I think it's really important to add at least a little bit of journalling on each page, and any technique that can make my handwriting look better is essential!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Samantha : said...

Oh this is so cute! And that baby is pretty adorable too (: