I have one final project that I want to share with you this month for our "Pink Projects". This frame is what I call a labor of love, as I will be giving it to a friend who is breast cancer survivor. I love the way that the Shimmerz added to this frame in so many ways! The first thing I did with this frame is that I put chipboard letters on the frame and first sprayed with my Shimmerz Spritz in bubblegum and let it dry. While I was waiting for the color to dry, I went ahead and started painting the flowers. I sprayed green card stock with my Shimmerz Spritz in Baby's Breath, just to give a little shine to what would become my stems and leaves. Again, I set this aside, and let the card stock dry before I decided to cut and shape them. Next, I started to paint the flower heads themselves. For the one flower, I colored with my Shimmerz in Opal, and then lightly sprayed with Shimmerz Spritz in Baby's Breath to give a little extra shine to the flower head. For the Second flower, I painted with my my Shimmerz Blingz in Pink Pointsettia, and once it was dry, I lightly sprayed with Shimmerz Spritz in Truffle and Antique Lace. By this time, my frame was dry, so I went ahead and sprayed over the pink with my Shimmerz Spritz in Baby's Breath, dried it with my heat setting gun and then sprayed one more time with the Shimmerz Spritz in Bubblegum. I let all parts dry completely, and then started to assemble the pieces. For the stems I cut the card stock into 1/2" strips and then rolled them up, so that the spritzed parts and some of the plain green card stock showed through, which gave the stems a little extra dimension. I freehand cut out my leaves and then shaped them, sprayed a little more of the Shimmerz Spritz in Baby's Breath, shaped the leaves to how I wanted them, and then set them with my heat gun. I glued the stems down onto the frame with a clear glue. The flower heads were added with pop dots, to give them some extra dimension on the frame and then I added the buttons for the centers. I added some pearl bling to the word "hope" and outlined the word "hope" with a souffle pen, after removing the chipboard letters, which left the "masked" letters. Finally,k I added a little stamp which says "Trust in the lord, with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding". I LOVE the way this frame turned out, and am happy to be able to share it with you all!
And a close up of the flower heads.
Thanks for stopping by!