Monday, April 20, 2009

Make Wood Shimmer!!

I had made this clock recently for some other DT work using these gorgeous Dream Street Design papers. After I adhered all the papers to the front of the clock, I had the space along the bottom, which is curved, with nothing on it yet. I first thought of painting it with some acrylic paint but thought it would be too boring! Then I thought, hey, about some Shimmerz Paint!! It was just what the clock and those beautiful papers needed! Some shimmery goodness! So I painted the wood along the bottom and sides with some Pink Poinsettia Shimmerz. I had to use 2 coats because the wood absorbed some of it, but when it was finished it looked perfect! I also added some Pink Poinsettia Shimmerz to the Prima flowers too! So when your project, whether it is wood, glass, plastic or paper, needs a little shimmer and touch of bling, reach for some Shimmerz! You'll be glad you did! *wink*

Thanks for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!!

Hugs,

4 comments:

Stac said...

What a great idea! So pretty.

Ali Manning said...

This is soooo pretty! TFS!

Unknown said...

Ok, that is just totally gorgeous! I have to try this out. Thanks for the inspiration Melissa.

A Creative Need said...

This is beautiful!!
smiles,Deena