Tuesday, March 17, 2009

A Little Something Sweet!

When you look around the Shimmerz blog, you see a lot of fun ways to use these super duper sparkly paints - on flowers, on acetate, over Copics, or as Jennifer showed you all the other day -- with colored pencils over top!

I'm going to play it simple today and just paint with them!
For starters, I stamped my Sweet Peas (Flourishes) off the right side using Versamark ink and then embossing it with silver detail embossing powder. Then... let the fun begin! I started by coloring all the flowers with a base of Pink Poinsettia. While the paint was still wet, I dabbed on some Pink and Hotty Pink to add some depth to all my flowers. For my leaves, I painted the base in Celery and then added a splash of Sagebrush to add some depth. It you meld these colors while the base color is still wet, these paints blend beautifully!

Now for a peek at the sparkle! It just looks so soft and feminine in real life!

I am convinced that there are hundreds of ways to use these paints!!But, when in doubt, a simple paintbrush and a lovely stamp to color works beautifully too!

Thanks for stopping by!

~Julie

8 comments:

newenglandstamper said...

This is so elegant, Julie - I love it!

"Luv 2 Glitter" by Brenda M. said...

Absolutely beautiful. So soft and delicate. Thanks for sharing.

Jamie said...

Julie that is Stunning!!

LoRi said...

So very pretty, Julie!

Expressions of a Creative Mind said...

I'm sitting her gobsmacked!! This is so beautiful and stunning...counting the days til I get paid so I can get some more

Debby said...

Goodness this is gorgeous!

Karen Taylor said...

Wowser!! I love the embossing with the shimmers! Breathtaking!!

Kim Dellow said...

So pretty, doesn't the Shimmerz add an elegant sparkle? Kim