Thursday, December 25, 2008

Masking with Shimmerz!

Not too long ago, I got my hands on this darling Lizzie Anne Designs stamp and this week I got some time to finally break it in! When I first saw it, I just knew this little image was perfect fit for Shimmerz! Those snowmen needed to glisten -- right?

Well, I wanted to play with my Shimmerz paints in a new way! I stamped the Lizzie Anne Designs snowmen and then used an Impression Obsession Accent Template that I set over the group and sponged some Sky Blue Shimmerz around the edges and then accented it with some Cloudy Blue Ranger ink. It's a very subtle sparkle but it actually helps it look like it's snowing on the little snow guys!
Here's a close up! You can see I added a little snowflake stamp too! Color the snow guys with some markers and then, of course, add some Angel Wings Shimmerz to their bodies to make them sparkle! Mat it up and add a silver ribbon, felt flake and some bling and you are done! Voila!
It was a super easy card dressed up with Shimmerz in a kind of different way! Enjoy your weekend!

3 comments:

Jen said...

Very cool!!! Love it!!

Shannon Fralish said...

I'm a complete "newbie" to this product...luckily, I was given several Shimmerz and Blingz for Christmas. How cool are these?!! Thanks for having such a great post (and blog) about this product - I'm way eager to learn lots more about them. Keep up the good work and I'll check back often!

Shannon Roberts said...

Omgosh! I luv this card! I luv it!! I hope this counts as a post for the contest; I really wanna try shimmerz!!!!