Monday, December 11, 2023

Holly Days | Sarah Millerhouse | December 2023 Color Kitz

Hello! I love Christmastime, and the December Color Kitz and Paper remind me of a beautiful traditional Christmas! 
I use the colors in the December Color Kitz to paint in the white and black striped patterned paper from the Paper Kitz. I also used two colors from my stash (Spritz - Ruby; Shimmerz - Buddy's Favorite Color) to paint on the black and white printed patterned paper. 
I cut circles from both of the papers, and I ran the more solid colored ones through a Sizzix texture folder. This adds some great detail and dimension to the layout. 
I also added a few circles of hand stitching around the layout to add a different texture. I layered the circles up going down mostly the center of the page. Behind the area where I knew my photo would go, I added the Shimmerz - Christmas Cheer from my stash. I liked this pop of yellow/gold as a contrast to the other colors on the page. 
I added two title pieces from Bramble Fox on either side of my photo and finished with Pops of Color around the page for some added detailing. 
Be sure to check out my process video here: Process Video
If you place a Shimmerz order, be sure to put my name, Sarah Millerhouse, in the comment section for a small free gift! 


No comments: