Thursday, September 21, 2023

Favorite Summer | Sarah Millerhouse | September Color Kitz


Hello! I absolutely LOVED using the September Color and Paper Kitz to create this layout! 

I started by cutting down the middle white mixed media cardstock to 10 in. by 10 in. I then cut four strips of the fantastic striped patterned paper from the Paper Kitz in 12 in. by 1.5 in. pieces. I adhered those to each side, layering 1/2 an inch behind the white paper to allow space for adhesive. I cut the corners on the top strip and bottom strip at an angle to give a finished look before I adhered each of the sides. When I am creating a border with striped paper, I like to do it this way so that you can see the awesome pattern all the way around the sides. 

I then created three blocks of color offset to the left using paints from this month’s Color Kitz. I used the Color Splash - Flashy Flamingo, Shimmerz - Marigold, and Vibez - Seas the Day. I applied each with a paintbrush and then splattered around each section. I also splattered in some of the Creameez - Boogie Boardin’ Blue and Shimmerz - So Sappy. These sections of color served as the foundation for the tone-on-tone embellishing I did. 

I layered on my photos, using the striped patterned paper as my photo mat. I then embellished around the photos using flowers, leaves, and butterflies I fussy cut from patterned paper and the embellishment sheet in the Paper Kitz. 

I added shiny bits from Buttons Galore and Pops of Color from Scrapbook.com for additional detailing. I also used acrylic perspextives from Bramble Fox for the title. My journaling was the final detail I added in the bottom right corner. 

I absolutely adored every single color in the Color Kitz this month!! They worked so well together and matched so beautifully with the patterned paper in the Kitz. Remember, if you place an order, be sure to put my name in the comment section of your order to get a free gift!! Have a beautiful day!! 



No comments: