Wednesday, October 20, 2021

Shimmerz Paints Design Team Project, View From a Window, a 5 x 7 Canvas

  Hi everyone! Melissa Larson here, with a new design team project for the amazing Shimmerz Paints,                                                          I love their rich texture and colors!  

To make this I applied white gesso to a 5x7 canvas, and a chipboard frame. I stenciled on Prima Platinum Texture Paste on the canvas with a spatula. It took a long time for the texture paste to dry, because it's on canvas. I placed all the items on, and started painting.  I used double sided foam tape to put the chipboard frame on, but it didn't stick well, glue didn't work either, so I wrapped the canvas with thin rose gold colored wire, and taped the wire on the back with masking tape. 


I kept adding things, and more layers of paint and gold mica powder. 






To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter ,gold leaf,glass beads, pearls, rhinestones,  glass hearts,tulle, a flower and metal from  Reneabouquets,and bling and metal from my stash.Most of the items are glued on individually with Glossy Accents. 






On the chipboard frame I used Dear John Letter,  Penny 4 Your Thoughts, Honeymoon,and Blue My Mind Inklingz. The gold is Christmas Cheer Shimmerz.  Dear John Letter is discontinued. The light                                                               blue is Pool Me Close Shimmerz. 

I used the same colors on the rest of the canvas, along with  Pink- A -Boo and Olive U Truly Inklingz. In addition I brushed on Peacock's Plume Precious Metal,and Iris My Case Shimmerz.











Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!




No comments: