Thursday, June 17, 2021

Sunshine in my pocket - June Color Kitz

 Hello everyone!

How's summer in your part of the world? Over on my end, it's been hot, hot, hot! And that has gotten me in the mood to scrap some refreshing poolside pictures. The memory I'm documenting is from a couple of years ago, but the moment is still very dear to me.

I created the layout using the June Color Kitz. My base is a sheet of white cardstock that I had previously covered with clear gesso. Once dry, I added one layer of the green, blue and light blue from the color onto the base; after allowing some time for it to dry, I went in with another layer of the same colors. 

While I was waiting for the base to dry, I grabbed my embellishments from the new Simpleb Stories Sunkissed collection, and matted my picture (a true 6x4) with white cardstock and patterned paper. I also stuck craft foam beneath the cutfile and picture. 

Assembling the layout came about quickly after the base dried completely. I added in the cutfile first, then I placed the picture at a bit of an angle in the lower right hand corner. Grabbing the pinks from the color kit, I splashed them all around the layout, to bring in the pop of pink/coral. I then proceeded to layer in my embellishments in three distinct clusters. And done!


Thank you so much for joining me today!

You can grab the June Color Kitz over at www.shimmerzpaints.com

-Lorimar





No comments: