Tuesday, May 11, 2021

Pro | Shannon Allor

Hello scrappy friends!  It's Shannon up on the blog today bringing a mixed media layout your way using gorgeous Shimmerz Paints.  I love this combination of colors!

Products Used:

Vibez in Blushing Bride

Coloringz in Moody Mauve

Creameez in Thunder Storm

Inklingz in I Love You Onxyly

Vibez in Palm Reader

Vibez in Don't Rain on My Parade

I started this layout taking the Shimmerz Paints inspiration directly from the photo.  My son is wearing a mid-tone gray suit with a deep burgundy check pattern.  Let me tell you how fun it was to shop through my swatch cards to find the perfect tones!  I made sure to use a piece of sturdy Marshmallow cardstock by Bazzill with a nice coat of clear gesso in place.  Next, I wet my cardstock and liberally sprayed with the lighter tones and worked my way towards the deeper gray tones.  This worked beautifully as I gradually deepened my palette.  We all know that it's easier to add than to take away!

Next, I set my layout aside for a bit to dry and started hunting through the Heidi Swapp Carefree collection.  I love the soft gray border that I chose and then incorporated a mix of green, blue and gray embellishments.  I love that the photo stands out so beautifully!

I wanted to make sure that the embellishements were incorporated nicely so I added some splatty bits in Vibez Palm Reader as well as Vibez Don't Rain on My Parade.  I finished off this layout with three adorable Dots to add a bit of shine and dimension!

Remember to enter my name in the comments section when you place your next Shimmerz Paints order to score a freebie!

Happy Scrapping!

Shannon



No comments: