Friday, April 30, 2021

Sweet Tweet \\ Daisie Scraps

 Hi everyone!  Today I have a fun spring layout to share with you.  I love when the birds come back in the spring.  As soon as I see the first robin I know that spring is finally here.  So I chose a cut file that represented that and painted the birds to match the birds I watch from my window.

 



Product Used: 

First, I painted each of the birds.  I did look up some photos to use as inspiration and to get the coloring right.  I layered the lighter colors then added in the darker colors so that they would blend a little nicer.  I also let the paint dry a bit between layers of color. Once that was dry, I adhered the top of the cut file to the wreath.  This gave definition to the birds. 


 

Next, I worked on my background.  I added gesso to a piece of white cardstock and waited for that to dry.  Then I spritzed the paper with some water and started adding the mists to it.  I chose to use a paintbrush to get that watercolor look.  I used the Sapphire Spritz, Rip Van Periwinkle Vibez, and the Frost Bite Vibez.  These are all amazing blue colors.  I thought that they represented the sky behind the birds.


 

Finally, I added all of my embellishments, photo, and title.  I kept it pretty simple because I really love the birds and wanted them to stand out.  I did a simple layer of a bag behind my photo.  I added a tangle of blue bakers twine behind the wreath.  I finished it off with some sequins for more sparkle.  


 

I hope you enjoy this layout!  It's one of my favorites.  If you are interested in more of the process please head over and check out the YouTube video.  Don't forget to add my name (Daisie) to the comments of your next purchase for a fun freebie to be added to your order!

https://youtu.be/eIeGNzJHQtA


 

Thanks for visiting!  Have a crafty day!

Daisie


No comments: