Sunday, December 20, 2020

Winter Blues | Audrey Yeager

 Winter has made it's way full force here in the Northeastern US.  Of course, one of our most favorite winter activities is sledding.  I wanted to create a background of blues to highlight this hand-stitched cut file that I used. 



For my background, I used the giant snowflake to mark off 6 sections of the background cardstock.  I gessoed the background, and then sprayed and painted 6 different shades of blue in each section.  I used some scrap cardstock to mask off each section, and then blended the sections with a brush to make the colors blend a bit more.

Shades of Blue used:

Spritz: A Chance of Rain

Vibez: Frost Bite

Vibez: Snow Way Man

Creameez: Boogie Boardin Blue

Coloringz: Well Blue Me Down

Spritz: Hint of Mint




After I glues my large snowflake to the page, I used some self adhesive canvas snowflakes and sprayed/painted each in the coordinating color and placed them on the background.  





Finally, I layered some stickers around my photo, and embellished the background and snowflake with tiny sequins and more snowflake stickers.





You can watch my entire process here:




Thank so much for watching and stay warm!


-Audrey Yeager

No comments: