Tuesday, December 22, 2020

We All Need A Little Christmas Joy | December Color Kitz.


 Hello everyone!

Christmas is literally just around the corner, and what a perfect way to document those Christmas memories than using this month's amazing Color Kitz? 

For my layout today I've used everything from the Color Kitz except the cutfile because it just didn't fit it well with the idea I had in mind. But would definitely love to see how you use it on your projects. Remember you can share any project you've used Shimmerz Paints products over on our Facebook group, Shimmerz Paints Sharez.

I began with a textured white cardstock and went to town adding the colors in sections with a brush. As I was going for the brush strokes look, I didn't worry too much about the evenness of the colors. Afterwards, I splashed the same colors tone-on-tone for a bit of variety, as well as Granny Gray. I also colored a tag with Granny Gray to use as a layering piece beneath my pictures.

Once my base was dried, I cut two pieces of patterned paper from Crate Paper's Hey Santa collection, added them to base and layered in the tag and doily. On top of these, I placed my two pictures using craft foam. Then I began to embellish tone-on-tone with items from the same collection, being "careful" not to over-embellish and cover the base. Finally, I popped on the Dotz from the Color Kitz and done!




How will you be using your Color Kitz?

Thank you so much for stopping by! If you'd like to see a process video, stop by my channel at 2pm EST. 

Be merry and stay safe,

- Lorimar

No comments: