Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Party Vibez || August 2020 Color Kitz || Natalie Dill




Hey friends! Natalie here with a layout using the August 2020 Color Kitz! I had so much fun saying goodbye to my summer scrapping with this amazing kit. I'll soon be ready to move on to fall, but how about a month more of tropical vibes? Find the full process video on my YT channel.

In the August 2020 color kitz, you will receive,

  • Pop Art Pink Vibez
  • Bamboo Leaf Spritz
  • Trippin' in The Tropics Creameez
  • *NEW EXCLUSIVE COLOR* Slow Ocean Shimmerz
  • Glorious Day Vibez
  • 1 exclusive Splish Splash Dolphin cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
  • 1 set of "Summer Splash" Dotz
  • 1 package of Melon Ball Sequins from "Spiegelmom Scraps"
Such a great deal!


For my layout, I began by creating some imperfect stripes with all of the kit colors.

For the Bamboo leaf and the Glorious Day, I applied two coats to make them more vibrant. and less translucent.

I also applied a line of sequins which match marvelously!


I then did a triangular white gesso portion  on a yellow background paper.  I applied plain water to the entire triangle, then applied a generous amount of Slow Ocean Shimmerz.  I then added additional water and moved the paper to allow the blue to cover the entire gessoed portion.
It achieves this gorgeous color wash. I then added splatter atop in the same color.


I then applied the torn, striped paper to the top of the yellow paper and layered my photos atop the Slow Ocean wash. It made for a lovely background for my title, "High Tide & Party Vibes."


A few tropical die cuts from KaiserCraft were the perfect accompaniment to the adorable, tropical dotz.


I had a lot of fun creating this beachy page! 

Make sure to pop into the Shimmerz Shop and pick up your Color Kitz before they're gone!


xo, Natalie






No comments: