Tuesday, July 14, 2020

July Color Kitz | Brianna Lepper

Hey crafty friends! Brianna Lepper here with the new and fabulous July Color Kitz!  This months kit is so beautiful and was so perfect to document our last day in Hawaii before we moved back to the mainland.  Check out what comes in this kit that is $27.95 + tax and shipping: 

Pink Moscato Vibez
Oh Say Can You Sea Coloringz
Cheeky Pink Creameez
Blue Grass Shimmerz
Bubblegum Blast Shimmerz
1 exclusive Layered Hibiscus cut file created by Shimmerz Paints 
1 set of "Flamingo Bay" Dotz
1 package of an exclusive sequins mix: Flamingo Bay from Spiegelmom Scraps



Here's my layout, I had so much fun creating this one!


First, I went into my Silhouette software and duplicated the Hibiscus cut file from the kit in 2 different sizes.  I then cut the flowers on white textured cardstock.  When they were finished cutting I left them all on the cutting mat and painted and blended on the colors from my kit.  For the center stem of the cut file, I pulled a yellow Spritz in Chick a Dee from my stash.  You certainly don't need the yellow, I just wanted a little pop of it to go with the scrapbook collection I was using.    


Once the flowers were all dry, I adhered them together and set them aside.  I got to work on my background by prepping another piece of textured white cardstock with some clear gesso.  I decided to create a wreath with my florals so I painted a circle using colors from the kit as well as a Creameez in Boogie Boardin' Blue to give my flowers something to sit on.  I love the pops of color behind the wreath! 


Next, I started to adhere the completed floral pieces down.  I popped up the smaller florals on some dimensional foam to add extra pops here and there.  


Then I took the adorable Dotz from the kit and added one to my photo cluster and then tucked the other 2 into the wreath with tangled thread underneath them.  


This Aloha Summer Dot is my favorite!!!!! So perfect for photo I was documenting.  



I embellished the rest of my layout pretty minimally since the Hibiscus cut file wreath did a lot of the work for me.  Lastly, I took the Flamingo Bay SpiegelMom Scraps sequins and scattered them around my page. This mix is stunning and the colors are perfect with this kit!


Thank you so much for stopping by today!  Don't forget to snag your Color Kit this month and be on the lookout for some sneaks of the upcoming August Kitz!  There are so many fun things headed your way!  For a more step by step process of this layout, check out my process video below.  









No comments: