Monday, March 23, 2020

This Moment


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints. I love these                                paints, the colors are so rich and fun to work with! Photo credit: Alvin Mahmudov.



Who wants to win a $50.00 Shimmerz Shop credit? Heck yes! Learn how today on the Shimmerz Paints blog!








To make this page I put the layers under the photo together first,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I put two layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension, and taped it to the background paper.

I applied texture paste with a stencil and a credit card on Blue Fern paper. I sprinkled it with Ultra Thick Embossing Powder(UTEE) and heated it.

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,arranged it around the page, took it off, and prepped it with gesso. I painted them with Christmas Cheer Shimmerz, then topped them with a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle. I brushed on white gesso, then some gold mica powder. I painted the mat with a mix of Emerald CitySteely Blue Eyes, and Olive U Truly Inklingz, but pretty much covered everything with gesso. The page had a huge amount of product on it, it was too busy. I took almost everything off, and brushed on gesso on almost everything. I used Pixie Dust Shimmerz on the corrugated. 






To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, glass shard glitter,gold leaf,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals, rhinestones,sequins,glass marbles,tulle,flowers from Reneabouquets, and metal from Vintaj. I added green tulle to try and tone down the background.











Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!





No comments: