Saturday, December 14, 2019

Choose To See The Good Stuff


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a design team page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints. I love these paints, they're so easy to use, and the colors are so rich!I've used a photo from free google, by Stella de Libero.





 I put the layers under the photo together,including taping water color paper under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a mat of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard. I tore off most the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso, I put two layers of cardboard between each of the layers to add dimension. 

I applied texture paste with a stencil and a credit card on the watercolor paper background. Don't use Hobby Lobby brand texture paste, it takes way too long to dry,even with a heat gun. Liquitex works a lot better.

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board,arranged it around the page, took it off, and prepped it with gesso. I painted some with Steely Blue EyesHoneymoonand Plum Crazy. Inklingz. Some I painted with A Rose By Any Other Name. I added a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy Crystal. On both I added Honeymoon, First Blush,(a discontinued color) and topped it with a silver mica powder.A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets. 

I drew out the colors of the photo to the watercolor mat and cardboard. The blue color on the corrugated is a mixture of Teal The End Of Time Shimmerz, and Imperial Amethyst Inklingz.   


The background watercolor paper has First Blush and Dear John Inklingz on it.






To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter,gold leaf,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals, rhinestones,sequins, shells, pressed flowers and leaves,tulle,lace,pieces from floral picks,flowers from Prima and Reneabouquets, and bling and metal from my stash. The gorgeous dragonfly is from Reneabouquets.

















No comments: