Friday, October 25, 2019

Two Cards for the Shimmerz Paints Design Team Color Challenge, by Melissa Larson

Hi everyone! Melissa here with two design team cards for the Shimmerz Paints Color Challenge. This month, we picked out a color we wouldn't normally use. This shade of blue,Ultra Marine Shimmerz,is kind of cold to me. In the end, I liked having a page that was out of my color zone, because it was a refreshing change.






To make these cards I used paper from Prima's Spring Farmhouse Collection. I applied texture paste to a piece with an old credit card. I put a layer of Prima paper underneath it,and a smaller image on top. There are layers of cardboard glued between each piece. 


I picked out Beautiful Board from Reneabouquet, applied gesso with a brush, painted with gold mica powder and water,  applied a thick layer of Ranger Clear Rock Candy Crackle, and glued the BB on the cards. I glued on the flowers, and fussy cut pieces.






To add visual interest I added micro beads,seed beads,glass and metal glitter,metal shard glitter,pearl mica flakes, glass beads, pearls, sequins, pressed flowers and leaves,bark,lichen,moss,sisal,tulle,lace,silk ribbon,iridescent wrapping paper, Prima flowers,  pieces of floral picks, metal from Reneabouquet, and bling and metal from my stash.






I put the layers on a 6 x 6 card made out of white cardstock.

I splashed gesso with water around the page, and dry brushed a lot with gesso.

I used a lot of gold mica powder around the page.

Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!

Now it's your turn! Our entire team is trying one color that we normally wouldn’t choose. Something that helps us branch out and grow as designers. Come join us! Use the hashtag #shimmerzcolorchallenge to share your projects and how they inspired you to try something new. We can’t wait to see what you create!  







No comments: