Monday, September 16, 2019

Throw Kindness Around Like Confetti


Hi everyone! Melissa here with a new page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints! These paints are so wonderfully textured and colored, I love them!
I've used a photo from free google, from Stella de Libero.






To make this page I applied texture paste with a stencil onto watercolor paper. I put the layers under the photo together, starting with taping on card stock under the image to make it stronger. Below that is a layer of watercolor paper, and at the bottom is corrugated cardboard.I tore off most of the paper from the surface of the cardboard, and painted it with gesso. I poured on Ultra Thick Embossing Powder onto the wet gesso,and heated it till just melted.I put layers of cardboard between everything, to add dimension. I clipped the edges of the watercolor paper to a 12 x 12 " piece of cardboard to prevent warping. After I had the page all put together, I added first water, then Shimmerz Paint to the background paper. I used Dear John Letter, and Oakie Bear Blue Inklingz. On the corrugated and watercolor layers under the photo I used the same colors,and  Penny 4 Your Thoughts .

I picked out Reneabouquets Beautiful Board, applied gesso with a cosmetic sponge, then painted it with Christmas Cheer Shimmerz, and when dry, topped it with a thick coat of Clear Rock Candy. 







I painted on blobs with A Rose By Any Other Name with the blue next to it, to kind of echo the pattern on the dress.








To add visual interest I added micro beads, glass glitter,metal glitter,seed beads,glass beads, pearls, Swarovski crystals,rhinestones, acrylic crystals,pressed flowers and leaves, strands of gauze,tulle, small pieces of iridescent wrapping paper,gold leaf,shells,metal from Tim Holtz, a Prima flower ,and bling and metal from my stash. A lot of the textural elements are from Reneabouquets.








I rubbed on gold mica powder to a lot of raised areas, and some silver over the chipboard at the top left.















Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!











No comments: