Monday, July 15, 2019

A Good Day | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! It's Julee Tilman, popping in to share another shimmery card creation with you. It's been hot and sunny here in Idaho, so when I sat down to create I knew I wanted to pull out some yellows.


After flipping through my swatches, I decided on a palette of yellows and blues with a hint of green to watercolor this beautiful butterfly floral image.  The colors I used were Winter's Mist, Ultra Marine, Celery, Bumbly Bee, Pumpkin, and Coal Shimmerz. I then accented these colors with Lil' Yellow Skool Bus and Well Blue Me Down Coloringz, Deep Blue Sea Vibez and Bamboo Leaf Spritz. I love how shimmery it looks!

 

After I had painted both the butterfly and the floral image, I  die cut the butterfly and fussy cut the flowers to pop up on foam tape for some dimension, then accented with a few rhinestones.

The background is done using the wet on wet technique with Bumbly Bee, Lil' Yellow Skool Bus, and Pumpkin. A few splatters, a fun sentiment and some holeless sequins finish off the card.



As always, if I've inspired you to do a little shopping in the Shimmerz shop, be sure to put my name in the order comments at a checkout for a free mini surprise!



Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope your day sparkles.

No comments: