Saturday, June 1, 2019

Color Kitz: The June Edition with Samantha

Good Saturday morning everyone! Today's the day! We're so excited to be releasing the June Kitz today. Today, I'm showing you how you can use the June Edition of the Shimmerz Color Kitz. What's available in this month's kit you ask?
* A 2 oz bottle of Scarlett's Fever Coloringz
* A jar of Key Lime Shimmerz Paints
*A jar of Crows Feet Creameez
*A jar of Old Yeller Inklingz
* 1 Package of exclusive Dotz in "Pretty Poppies"

This month's set was a good challenge for me. Why? I NEVER use red. I have no clue why, but I'm super intimidated by red. I even only own one red top in my closet. Crazy, I know. Scarlett's Fever Coloringz was a new venture for me in my crafting. To be honest, I'm glad it challenged me. It taught me I need to branch out from my usual colors, like pinks and lime greens.
So I start my process with some good ole white yardstick and gesso. I take a wet paper towel and just do circular motions with the gesso. After a few minutes, I just take a big paint brush and slap some of my Key Lime Shimmerz on some wax paper. Almost using that as a stamp essentially to get that messy abstract effect on the yardstick. Using the same wet paper towel, I lift the wax paper off of the paper and continue going in circular motions with the wet Key Lime paint. Now, we wait a smidgen. Make a sandwich, turn on the show for your kiddos. Just hang tight for about 10 minutes to let it all settle. At this point, my trashy soap opera was on and I spent some time on another part of my page process.
During the bliss of nap time and trashy soap opera time, I grabbed another piece of white card stock, my jar of water and brushes, along with my jar of Crows Feet Creameez. Just very loosely, I painted hearts all over the page. The thing I can't stress enough is it does not have to be perfect. We're going for an abstract look. Nothing Picasso related. Just fun cute hearts. The great thing about Creameez is they don't take forever and a year to dry. It was dry within a few minutes.

Now that BOTH papers are ready to rock and roll, it's time to layer, layer layer. Fun fact time! That red wheel in the back? IT'S A COFFEE FILTER! GASP! Yes, something super simple you probably have just hangin' around the house can be used in your crafting projects. I sprayed my coffee filter with my Scarlett's Fever Coloringz. One coat was all it took. It's that vibrant and gorgeous! Now, because the coffee filter material is so thin, a little goes a long way. And it does take some time too. To speed up the process, just take your heat tool and dry up the puddles. 

Now it's time to piece is all together! I cannot stress this enough, all my little pieces except for the Dotz titled "Love your face", are all old as heck. Maybe 2+ years old. This kit was good for me for a number of reasons. But it helped challenge me AND I purged all the old goodies I have set aside. The finishing touch as a splatter of Old Yeller here and there.

 I hope everyone has the best start of June! Snag one of these beautiful Kitz before they sell out. It's pretty common to see them gone early on. Don't wait! Thanks for playing with me!


No comments: