Monday, March 25, 2019

Remember the Now


Hi everyone, Melissa here with my new design team page for the amazing Shimmerz Paints! I have used a photo from free google, by A.M. Lorek.






To make this page I applied clear gesso to Blue Fern paper, Happy Accident 2. I put texture paste on with a Prima stencil,then put the layers with the photo together. I tore off parts of the surface paper of corrugated cardboard, and painted it with gesso, I added the photo with a layer of cardstock taped on, then watercolor paper. I put foam core board between everything to add dimension, and to allow room to tuck things into.






I picked out chipboard from Reneabouquets, and painted it with Penny For Your Thoughts ,then  I dribbled on a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle with a paintbrush. On the watercolor paper under the photo I used  Green Olive  Shimmerz, Honeymoon Inklingz, and the Penny color. On the cardboard I used the same colors, and added Christmas Cheer Shimmerz. The pink on top of the stenciled areas is First Blush Inklingz
I added all of the above colors on top of the chipboard,on top of the penny color.






To add visual interest I applied micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter, pearls,  rhinestones, Swarovski crystals,a shell, pressed flowers, lichen, and leaves, a butterfly from Reneabouquets, and Vintaj metal, and chain and bling from my stash. A lot of the texture on the cardboard was made with diamond glitter.





I used a few items from moulds by Finnabair and Martha Stewart. The little piece of pearl garland to the right of the photo is from Prima.






The moth at the left is from Tim Holtz washi tape.







This picture and the one below shows the height of the layers.






Thank you so much for looking, and have a great day!









No comments: