Friday, March 29, 2019

Bunny Hello | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! It's Julee, popping in to share a shimmery little spring creation with you.


I started this card with the sweet little bunny in the Easter Dotz set in mind. Have you seen all the darling new Dotz sets that just released this week? Dotz are little 1" circle epoxy embellishments that are perfect for adding to your creations. So much fun!


Isn't this Easter set beautiful? With that cute li'l bunny in mind, I started making a background on watercolor paper smooshing See Ya Latte Spritz and Chocolate Brownie Coloringz until I had a nice earthy look.  I cut the panel down to 4 x 5.25" and then saved the remainder for the sentiment panel.


Next I stamped two of the tulip images from the Hello Happiness stamp set in waterproof ink, then pulled out the 3 Creameez colors from the March/April Cardmaking Kit. I painted the tulips with Great Fruit and Lettuce Get Together Creameez from the kit, then accented with Bed of Roses Spritz and Elfin' Magic Vibez. Next I painted in the ground, roughly sketching a line to connect the two stamped images, and then using See Ya Latte and Chocolate Brownie to color it in.

I then cut some very rough masks for the flowers and hill, so I could sponge Ride the Tide Creameez in for the sky.  Once this had dried, I added a few splatter accents to the sky with Jeni B Bleu Vibez. This panel is cut with a rounded rectangle die and matted on a neutral cardstock.  I then pulled out the leftover smooshed paper and stamped the hello sentiment on it. I die cut with a stitched circle and matted with the same neutral cardstock.  I added the bunny Dotz next to the sentiment and then set that aside to work on the chipboard bunny.


The chipboard bunny is from the Bunnies Set from Scrapaholics Chipboard. I gave him a coating of heavy gesso, then painted with a mixture of See Ya Latte, Chocolate Brownie and a little So Sappy Shimmerz. When he was done, I added a teeny black flatback pearl for his eye and then attached him to the card.  I added a seam binding bow around the top of my background panel, then layered everything together to finish things off.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! As always, if you place an order in the Shimmerz store, mention my name, Julee Tilman, in the comments for a free mini surprise.


No comments: