Saturday, March 9, 2019

Baby it's Cold Outside | Niki Rowland




Hi Shimmerz Fans! Niki here today and I have a cold, wintery, icy layout to share today. I almost always put a border around the edge of my layouts but for this one I decided to stick to mostly white so I have a super white background to do justice to the snowy photo.


I started off by making a water color effect background. I did this by using the packaging technique. I applied light shades of blue, pink and yellow. The colours I've used are:


Once I had applied the paint to the background, I added splatters of the same colours to make my background a bit bigger and also to get some small dots of intense colour.


I then used a snowflake stencil and added white snowflakes using the very gorgeous Spun Sugar Dazzlerz. 

I also mixed the same colours I used to create my water colour effect background, with Spun Sugar Dazzlerz, so that I had a texture paste in each of the same colours. I then pushed all the colours through a dotted stencil onto a separate piece of white card. I overlapped the colours in some places so that I got a two tone effect. Once dry I cut this into strips and used it as part of my photo cluster.


I built my photo cluster onto my mixed media background. I added tangles of silver thread and I used cute ice skates and mittens Perspextives by Bramble Fox. I also added a title 'Baby it's cold outside' Perspextive underneath my photo cluster.


Here's another look at the completed layout. I finished off with a few small embellishments  (oh and that massive blue arrow I've had for years!) and fussy cut some snowflakes from patterned papers. I added another small title using alphabet stickers and handwrote my journaling above it.

Thank you so much for joining me today. I hope you've enjoyed my cold wintery layout...let's hope there is some warmer weather coming soon!

Happy scrapping and don't forget to enter my name in the comments of your next order and you will get a freebie! xxx 

Products used: 
Lemoncello Shimmerz







No comments: