Wednesday, January 30, 2019

You Make My Heart Smile | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! It's Julee Tilman popping in to share a card with you. I had so much fun playing with my Shimmerz paints for this card.


I started with the Heart Dangle chipboard from Scrapaholics, painting it with Moulin Rouge, Berry-licious and Sugar Plum Shimmerz. Isn't this a dreamy combination? While this was drying, I taped down and masked off a rectangle with post-it note tape to start on my background. I used the same colors of Shimmerz paint to paint the background, spritzing with water and lifting with a paper towel to get the splatter look.  Here's what it looked like before I pulled up the masking. Love that shimmer!


I thought a flower would look perfect in the center of my painted chipboard heart, so I pulled out the Fresh Start Stampz set and did some three step stamping for the flower and leaves in pinks and greens. I stamped two flowers and two leaf sprigs, then cut just portions of the second ones to layer and give the flower and leaves a bit more dimension. I curled up the top layer flower petals, too. Here's what it looked like when I was done building this portion of the card.

I thought my flower needed a little more pizazz, so I pulled out the Angel Wings Shimmerz and gave the flower and leaves a good coating. This is one of my favorite ways to add a bit of wow factor to stamped images. Love the shimmer it adds!


Done with my elements, I picked a sticker from the Small Talk idea-ology collection for my sentiment, snipped it in two and added to the bottom of the card. I layered everything together, outlined the background panel with a black permanent pen to give the illusion of a mat without extra bulk, then finished off with some sparkly scattered holeless sequins.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you're inspired to add a little Shimmerz to your next creation. And if you hadn't heard, the March Shimmerz Color Kit kicks off at 9AM Mountain today! It's a steal of a deal at 30% off and a great way to try out a few different products for your spring creations. There are limited quantities, so don't delay!




The March kit includes the following:
 



If you place an order, put my name in the comments so they know who sent you! 




No comments: