Tuesday, December 18, 2018

Sympathy Card | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz friends! It's Julee Tilman here to share a sympathy card made with Shimmerz products. Sadly, I had to put a pause on my holiday making, since a dear friend lost her father this past week. I had an idea for a card with a vibrant flower that would shine and radiate hope against a neutral background and here's what I came up with.



I started by stamping the flower image in jet black amalgam ink twice on watercolor paper. I then watercolored the flowers with Jeni B. Bleu Vibez, Well Blue Me Down Coloringz and It's Mint to Be Shimmerz. I used Elfin' Magic Vibez for the leaves. When these were dry, I fussy cut the two floral pieces on one image and cut a tag with the other flower image. Next I masked off the image and used a brick stencil and some See Ya Latte' Spritz to create a background. When dry, I removed the mask and then added the cut flower pieces, curling up the edges for a little added dimension. I highlighted the little dots in the center of the flower with Spun Sugar Dazzlerz.



For the background, I used a crackle stencil and blended in some See Ya Latte', Jeni B. Bleu and Well Blue Me Down sprays with a blending tool.  I then cut a length of sheer ribbon and dyed it to match the card with some water and Well Blue Me Down Coloringz. I used the excess ink to make some ink splatters on my background and then started layering everything together.

I accented the sentiment strip with a heart die cut, stacked 3 times for thickness and finished off with a bow.


Thanks so much for stopping by today! I hope you have a shimmery kind of day! Remember, if you see a little something you just have to have in the Shimmerz store be sure to put my name, Julee Tilman, in the comments section for a free surprise.

No comments: