Tuesday, December 4, 2018

Good Cheer | Julee Tilman

Hi Shimmerz fans! It's Julee here today to share a little cup of good cheer with you. Shimmerz is sponsoring the Fall/Winter Coffee Lovers Blog Hop that's going on now through December 7, so I thought it would be the perfect time to pull out the new Filled to the Brim stamp set.


Speaking of stamp sets, all in-stock stampz are on sale this week in the Shimmerz store! Use promocode STAMPZSALE at checkout for 30% off all stamps. Hurry, though... the sale is limited to stock on hand and ends Friday, December 7.



Go ahead and click on over. I'll wait.  {grin}


This card started with a background experiment. I painted a little Moulin Rouge and some Crimson Tide Shimmerz onto a 3 x 5" gelli plate to see what would happen. I think I watered it down a bit too much, because the result was pretty similar to smooshing it on with an acrylic block. I did two pulls from the plate and this one uses the second print. Next I decided to build up some layers, so I used the Tim Holtz mint stripes layering stencil at a diagonal with Crimson Tide Shimmerz to give it that peppermint stick feel. When that was dry I went in with a Tim Holtz flourish and some Tidy Widy Texturez for a shimmery textured accent.


Next I moved onto the stamping. I embossed the snowflake cup from Filled to the Brim in white onto the first gelli print I pulled and fussy cut.  I added a bit of Coffee Shimmerz to the brim of the cup, then layered it onto a wooden snowflake embellishment that I painted with Silver Bells Shimmerz.  The sentiment is from the same stamp set and embossed in silver onto vellum and then hand trimmed in a banner shape.  I finished off with some distressed edges and a little silver clip and bows.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! If you find a deal you can't pass up in the Shimmerz store, place my name (Julee Tilman) in the order comments so they know who sent ya!

9 comments:

Denise Bryant said...

Scrumptious card! I love the layering and that adorable snowflake cup!

Jean said...

What delightful colors on this card! Thank you for sponsoring at the Coffee Loving Cardmakers blog hop

Billie A said...

Pretty. I like the pink and silver

~amy~ said...

So pretty, love the stripes and of course the colors.

Kim Klinkovsky.My Kraft Kloset said...

WOW! Is that stunning!!! I love the candy cane look, those stamps are lovely, and all that shimmer is delicious. Just wonderful inspiration. Thank you for sponsoring!

Laura S. said...

Wonderful design, amazing card!

Hetty said...

I love your pink Christmas coffee cards!

Fikreta said...

so gorgeous cards!

Karen Letchworth said...

your creations are always so lovely, Julee