Friday, November 16, 2018

"Let it Snow" Color Challenge Layout | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here and today I'm taking part in the November color challenge!
If you haven't heard, the Shimmerz team has been assigned to choose just ONE color to focus on for a project this month.  I chose Inklingz Blue Lagoon.  This was one of my very first colors that I owned from Shimmerz simply because of its versatility. It's great for all seasons! Today, I'm featuring it using a winter project.  Here's a quick look at my final 12x12 layout:


Y'all seriously, Crate Paper Snow & Cocoa is my all time absolute favorite paper collection.  This color matches the teal in this collection PERFECTLY!

I began my layout by combining the Blue Lagoon and white modeling paste so I could stencil the large snowflakes on the background. While that was drying, I took a full sheet of 8 1/2 x 11 cardstock and covered the entire paper with the same color using the packaging technique. I added a few layers of color, drying them in between.  When that was dry, I tore it into random strips to create my layers of snow on the bottom of my layout.  When I glued those to my background, I made sure to only glue the bottoms, so the tops would be open to tuck embellishments in.  I free hand cut my large snowman out of coordinating papers, including his hat, scarf and arms.  The Large "Let it Snow" is a chipboard sticker from that collection.  I continued adding in paper, cardstock and chipboard embellishments to complete my layout and finished it off with more splatters of the Blue Lagoon.  Here are some close ups of  my final layout:








Literally, the ONLY Shimmerz color I used on today's project was Inklingz Blue Lagoon!
I hope you join in on the challenge and tag us on social media!

DON'T FORGET!
If you purchase this, or any other Shimmerz product, be sure to add my name to the comments section during checkout for a free surprise! Full details below!




No comments: