Thursday, August 23, 2018

Wonderful Moments Layout | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!

Nicole here and today I have a 12x12 layout to share with you!
I'm sad (yet happy) to say that today marks the first day of school for my two boys. This summer has been full of wonderful times and moments. We were truly blessed to take a vacation, a few day trips and so much more. With school starting, I'll be sending my youngest son off to 3rd grade and that makes me sad, yet proud. Today's layout features him just being himself. He's my little clown. He always makes the funniest faces and can make anyone laugh literally at any given moment. The layout below features him just being him...being a dog...lol!


For this layout, I began with white card stock and added a layer of gesso over the entire piece. As that was drying, I worked on my layers around my photos. I love this Paige Evans paper and embellishments that I still had in my stash and even though it wasn't "boy" colors, I just went with it. I added my favorite floral at the top left corner by tearing a piece of the original white paper off. I then added in layers of floral and butterfly ephemera and thread to jazz it up a bit. 

Around my photos, I heat embossed in white a few floral stamps that I had in my stash. Once those were complete, I water colored the area around my photos with my Shimmerz paints. Once all of my layers were dry, it was time for my favorite part...embellishing!  I added in the large floral elements first, layering my title and other bits on and around to fill in the spaces.  I also added in a banner element to the left along with a flair button and thread.  Once my larger elements were in place, I added a few more bits of stickers, butterflies, enamel dots...and more thread. Lastly, and this has to be my absolute favorite detail on the whole layout, I added in Paste-Eez Puttin' On the Glitz to my flowers to give it a glittery shimmer! O-M-G is it amazing!!!  Here are some close ups:






Here is the list of Shimmerz that I used on today's project:

Thanks so much for joining me today!


 

No comments: