Monday, June 18, 2018

Designer of the Week!

Hi friendz! Samantha Robles here sharing a new feature we would like to introduce as Designer of the Week. We are so incredibly blessed to have such a wonderful team. We're even more thankful and blessed that our team is just as passionate about Shimmerz Paints than our customers and readers are. So without further a do, let's kick off this post today with our first Designer: Amanda Jayne Baldwin.

 Amanda is such a wonderful addition to our team. She's been with us since 2017. She's always such a positive energy, encouraging other teammates in their work and love for Shimmerz. We've been so grateful to have her with us. She always knows how to make everyone smile and gives them that boost of shimmery love. Amanda will now also be a member of our Youtube Education Team. Make sure you subscribe to our channel to catch her very first video with us soon!

 Let's get to know Amanda a little bit:

Amanda, How long have you been designing? 
That's a tricky one... I think I was born with a paintbrush in my hand, and am a children's Visual Arts Educator by trade, so it feels like forever!  In terms of designing for the scrapbook and papercraft industry, I started in 2014. 

What would you say your designing style is? 
Fresh, & contemporary with a feminine twist. I love playing with color, and maintaining a 'clean' mixed media look. 

Who inspires your work? 
My children are definitely my muses! But inspiration is everywhere! 

 Bright colors or neutral colors? 
Bright, or pastels!

What is your favorite Shimmerz Paints color(s)?
Gosh, I heart them all! But Vibez Jeni Be Bleu, Spritz Sapphire, Dazzlerz Sea U In The Morning & Shimmerz Pool Me Close are on my 'never let them run out!' list! LOL! 

What is your favorite Shimmerz Paints Product(s)?
Again, I seriously love them ALL! They all have such beautiful shimmer and color pigmentation! If your new to Shimmerz Paints I'd recommend starting with Shimmerz for paint, Vibez for mist & Dazzlerz for paste - simply because these products are so user friendly & have such dramatic results. But as for me, I NEED them all! 

What is one piece of advice you would give to someone who is starting to learn how to design?
Excellent photography & styling skills is a must!
(AMEN GIRLFRIEND!)

What do you love about being with the Shimmerz Paints Team? 
Obviously the products! But also, the fact that I talk about my 'Shimmerz Family' is evidence of how awesome this company is to create for!

What is one fun fact about you or your work that you would like to share with our readers? 
I'm getting super close to sharing process videos on my YT channel & I can't wait to share some more Shimmerz love with you all!       

Don't you just love her?! Here are some of Amanda's favorite Shimmerz Paints Projects she's shared with us. We love that Amanda is not afraid of color and fun.




Make sure you follow Amanda right here on the Shimmerz Paints blog, as well as over on here Instagram

Thanks everyone! Have a shimmery day <3

1 comment:

seemownay said...

What a great way to get to know the designers! Amanda is so talented and so prolific! I just love her style!