Tuesday, June 19, 2018

Choose To Shine

Hi everyone! Melissa here for Shimmerz Paints, with my second page for June! 
I discovered a new favorite color, called Christmas Cheer Shimmerz. I used it all around the page, and splattered it on as well. It tied the other colors together, with its shimmery, golden yellow tones. I love using gold as a neutral color, I usually use gold mica powder, but the Christmas Cheer had just the exact color and shimmer that I needed. 






To make this page I used paper by 49 and Market. I arranged the chipboard and flowers around the photo, and took a photo for reference. I took things apart so I could work on the chipboard,
and painted them with Green Olive Shimmerz. When dry, I put on a layer of Miner Miner, 49er Inklingz. I painted on a thick layer of Clear Rock Candy Crackle, and when dry brushed on a little gold mica powder. I glued them on the page, and started adding the embellishments. 
To add visual interest I added micro beads, seed beads, glass glitter,glitter glue, distress glitter glue, distress glitter,mica flakes,tulle, Prima flowers,sequins,dried flowers,lichens,birch bark, gold leaf, pearls, charms,Tim Holtz metal,  and metal and bling from my stash.



I used Pugnacious Purple,and Imperial Amethyst Inklingz around the page on the watercolor mat. I rubbed on gold mica powder in various places on the mat and page.





There are a few layers of clear glass glitter, gesso, and paint to the right of the photo. All of the white in the background is Tidy Widy. It's shiny, and has a nice, thick, creamy texture that would also be perfect for stencil work.





The sticker titles are from 7 Dots.



I used some Shimmerz stamps:




The lavender butterfly to the left of the photo is from Reneabouquets.

If you write my name in the comments section when you order, you can get a surprise freebie!



Thank you so much for looking, and have a great week!

No comments: