Thursday, November 9, 2017

Creating Your Own Paper & Embellishments | Nicole Kerr

Hello Shimmerz Fans!!

Nicole here and today I'm super excited to share my Travelers Notebook layout with you!!!  If you follow me on Instagram (@colebys1981 if you would like to find me :) ), I shared a week or so ago hand painted fall flowers that I was making. It turns out that I was creating larger elements to fussy cut for ephemera and smaller elements to use as a patterned paper!!! Guys, these Shimmerz were perfect for this project! 

Here's a look at my final spread:

Seriously, how beautiful are these colors?!
I used just 5 Inklingz...which are hands down my fav....they are:
Penny 4 Your thoughts, Greener pastures, Miner, Miner 49er, Mochachino and She Packs a Punch.  I pulled small amounts of color from their pots and put them on a palette so I could mix them and dilute them easier.  For my larger pieces, I would start with a diluted layer and build the color each time, making the top layer the strongest color.  I did the same for the flower and branches as well.  

For the patterned paper on the left side of my spread, I scaled my images down and added acorns and clusters of berries to fill in the white space.  I did keep it very clean and simple so that when I added my larger pieces, they didn't make the layout look too busy.  I just love the perfect, imperfect look of hand painted designs likes these!

Here are more close up's of my final project:






Thanks so much for joining me today!
I really hope you try this out and create your own patterned papers and embellishments!
If you head over to Instagram, be sure to follow me and tag me when you post your Shimmerz projects! I would love to see them!






1 comment:

Scraps of Elegance said...

Love your idea, and happy to see another journal post here too.