Sunday, October 29, 2017

Arty Tag by Joyce

 Hello my Shimmerz Sirens.
It's me Joyce here today to share a little mixed media tag featuring a photo from one of my fav pre-raphaelite period artist, Lawrence Alma-Tadema.
I adore the dusty hues in his work, his details are exquisite.
This photo reminded me of a creative relationship I have with a fellow artist. I know those two women are discussing current arty trends and art supplies during that Victorian time.
The tag was slathered with gesso over a printed book page, and the photo was printed on printer paper and adhered to the tag. 


Below, I set about trying to create drips of ribbons of colors from each
of the women's gowns.  I liked how some of the colors ran through the lacy bits of lace creating more interest and texture.


Although I didn't have the colors of these gowns in my Shimmerz Paints arsenal, I was able to capture them using a variety of Shimmerz colors like the lovely shimmery Inklingz White, and the pretty little pots of purples such as Inklingz Precious Posey, Pugnacious Purple, Creamez Witches Blue, Shimmer Orchid-Stra, Blingz Under the Sea, and finally Vibez Princess.
Don't be afraid to mix your Shimmerz Paints products to obtain a desired color.

See you next time, where I hope to have completed my 
Autumn Enchantment Junk Journal.



1 comment:

Melissa Larson said...

Love this gorgeous creation!