Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Be Yourself, a Layout with Karine

My dear crafty friends,

I'm up today on the blog to share my first layout this month. I went for a dark color scheme on this one, to match this picture of my girl. She's only 7 and she's already got some attitude!


After a coat of clear gesso all over my background paper, I used Lava Flow Paste-Eez through a checkered stencil. 


To add some color, I used two mists: Plum Pudding and Bamboo Leaf Spritz. The Bamboo Leaf Spritz just leaves a subtile touch of green to the background. You can see it on the picture above, mostly on the top.


As usual, I used a paintbrush to make drops with the colors, making sure to dry with my heat tool between colors.


I used Plum Pudding Spritz to color some lace that I placed here and there in my embellishments cluster. It matches perfectly the lowers I've chosen for this layout.


I've used Shimmerz Tar, Tar AcriTonez diluted with a few drops of water to make black drops in the background.


I also colored my chipboard title piece with my Plum Pudding Spritz.

Shimmerz Paints products used:
Lava Flow Paste-Eez
Plum Pudding and Bamboo Leaf Spritz
Shimmerz Tar, Tar AcriTonez


I hope you like my layout.
Have a nice crafty day,
Karine xx



No comments: