Monday, June 26, 2017

LO "Don't grow up" by Anna Komenda

Hello mixed media fans. It's Anna here today with colorful and fun layout without any pattern paper. I am a big fan of rainbow designs and love using many vibrant colors on one page. This time I went crazy with Shimmerz and created simple background.


I used white cardstock from American Crafts and I just simply painted five strips with flat brush. No gesso or any special paper. Really fast and easy way of creating a matching background. Don't forget to mix your Shimmerz paints before use. I also recommend you to air dry the paper. It won't wave as much as the one dried with heat gun.


Second step with this page was to cut about 25 butterflies using metal die or cutting machine. Pick a watercolor paper because You will need to apply a lot of water on it.


Use Colorings, Inklings or Aqua Huez to color the butterflies. Try different shades to make butterflies more dimensional. Let the air dry for better effects.


I used sewing machine to stitch down my butterflies but if you don't have one, drop of glue will be just fine.


Last step - embellishing! Dive into those stickers and ephemera piles to find the ones in matching colors. It is always my most favourite part of creative process.
And that's it. Page is done. I have a process video for You, so you can make similar page. I hope you will be inspired by this tutorial to create your own rainbows.


Don't forget to mention my name during the shopping in Shimmerz Store. You will get free mini product!



Shimmerz Products:
Coloringz: No Yoking
Aqua Huez: Crazy Daisy, 14 Carrots, Hottie Pink, Blue Me Away, Leapin' Lizard
Inklingz: Honey Do List

Thanks for stopping by and see you next month.
XO Anna


No comments: