Wednesday, April 5, 2017

Bloom & Grow Art Journal Layout with Nicole

Hello everyone!
Nicole here and today I have a fun-filled art journal layout to share with you! I recently purchased an older collection from Simple Stories called Bloom and Grow and as I was flipping thru the paper, it inspired me to create this amazing art journal layout!


 The two elements in this collection that stood out the most was the wood grain patterns and all of the beautiful flowers, so I pulled out my Shimmerz mists and paint and began to recreate them! I first started with the background. I wanted the lined texture that wood grain has, so I used  a sheet of tissue paper and glued it down with my multi medium matte. Once that was dry, I pulled my Spritz in See Ya Latte and added several layers of mists, drying them in between, making sure that the color puddled around the creases of the tissue paper. It gives it more of a realistic look with all of those darker areas.


Once all of those layers were dry, I used Inklingz in Penny 4 Your Thoughts to add highlights in different areas and spots of shimmer over the page.


While that took time to dry, I began to create the flowers. I took scraps of watercolor paper and applied several layers of color, drying in between, to create these, which I turned into the flowers and leaves:


I then used flower and leaf dies to die cut all of these adorable pieces!!!!


 At this point, I let everything dry over night...just to be safe! I then began to cut my pattern papers down and glue them, along with the die cuts I chose, to my layout. I created a banner by cutting pieces of patterned paper from the 6x6 stack, added twine and other element stickers as well.  For finishing touches, I used glossy accents over the smaller hearts on the clouds, Wink of Stella Clear Glitter Pen over the sun and a lot of accents with my white gel pen to highlight areas of the flowers, bird house and the boarder of the page. And there you have it!  Here are some close ups of my completed page:






 Here are links to all of the Shimmerz products I used on today's layout:


Thanks so much for stopping by today! 
I hope I have inspired you to create something colorful!
Until next time!





No comments: