Sunday, March 19, 2017

Snow Day Layout | Katty Miranda

Hello friends. Katty here, back to share another layout with you all. I know we are all in Spring mode, however todays layout is all about Snow and Winter. I am scrapping this photo of my two boys playing in the snow. This was on our last Winter trip to Utah. Were from Miami, so any time we get to see snow is very exciting for us.


I pulled out the beautiful Simple Stories Winter Wonderland Collection. I used a scribble circle cut file and cut out two circles using one of the patterned papers from the collection. I arranged then in the center of the page.

I added lots of fun color using my Shimmerz Paints. I began with a some of my Coloringz in Well Blue Me Down and a mix of My Bleeding Heart and Mandarin Mai Tai, I was trying to get the pretty Orange from the collection. I added color using the packaging technique. I wanted the color to show through the cut file and around the photo.

I brought in an Aqua Huez in Blue Me Away (Aqua Huez are currently 50% off in the shop and will soon be discontinued) and will add some of the Mandarin Mai Tai to bring in some Yellow, it really brightened everything up.

I added my photo to the center of the page and added a few paper layers behind it. I added my tittle and a few embellishment clusters using the ephemera  and stickers from the Winter Wonderland Collection.


I finished off the layout by adding some ink splatters using the same colors and a Spritz in Caribbean Sunset. I also added a mat around the whole layout using a dark brown patterned paper from the collection.

I love how this turned out. The paint truly made this layout extra special.
There is a video on my channel if you'd like to watch:

Products Used:
Coloring: Well Blue Me Down, My Bleeding Heart, Mandarin Mai Tai
Spritz: Caribbean Sunset
Aqua Huez: Blue Me Away

Thanks so much for stopping by today.
Remember...

XOXO

No comments: