Tuesday, December 13, 2016

Today's Adventures Together, Layout By Stephanie Buice



Hi everyone! Stephanie here sharing my last layout as part of the Shimmerz DT, I almost can't believe it has been an entire year! Time really does fly when you're having fun, this has been one of my most enjoyable and laid back teams with such a great group of ladies. 

But before I say my goodbyes I want to show you what I made:)
This layout was a super fun one to make and I got to use a good mix of products, I love mixing and matching to get the look I'm after so this was a messy one.


To start the layout I first mixed my colors, I used lots of Shimmerz Coloringz on this one with some vibes, Aqua Huez, and creamies. I ended up mixing in some other types of mists or paints, but all go my main base colors come from Shimmerz products. 
After I got the colors I needed I simply brushed them on to my card stock with a 1 1/2 inch wide paint brush. 


After my background was dry I decided on my title and laid all the Chip Script words out. Before I glued them down I arranged my patterned papers keeping them in the same color family as the paints.
Once all the paper strips were glued down,  I ran my title through my sewing machine to make sure everything stayed in place.


After I had my words and papers in order, I used the same paints to brush over my white title, the colors are so bright and have just the right amount of shimmer.

When that part was done I simply added my pictures and final embellishments once everything was good and dry.
  

I really like how I was able to add a bit of water to the paints to tone down the colors just a tad before I added them to my title. It really helped to keep my words from blending right into my background and gave it an almost white washed effect.

Thanks for stopping by today, and for having me as part of your world for the past year. I can't thank you guys enough for the warm welcome and all off the encouragement you've given me along the way, goodbyes are hard for me but I'm sure I'll see you all around!
XOXOXO -Steph

Supply List: Coloringz: No Yolking, Mandarin Mai Tai, Don't Citron Me, Pretty In Pink, Oh Say Can You See, Well Blue Me Down; Aqua Huez: Leapin' Lizzard, Craizy Daisy, Red Hot; Creameez: My Clemintine, Trippin' In The Tropics.

No comments: