Thursday, May 26, 2016

Silly Shenanigans with Missy

Hey, Shimmerz fans!  Missy back with you, and I have a new layout to share using five different Shimmerz products.  I love mixing and matching all the different types of watercolors on my layouts, and for this one, I used Aqua Huez, Creameez, Shimmerz, Inklingz and Spritz.

I began with selecting the papers I wanted to use.  I pulled an old Recollections paper pad from Michael's I bought over a year ago.  I challenged myself to use up some this stash, so that's what I did.  I created the word "shenanigans" in my Silhouette software and backed it with papers from the pad.  Those fun letters are from The Cut Shoppe.  I created a curvy design and then welded them together.  Since my pictures are of Paige being extra silly, this title seemed fitting.

I used some gesso on the white cardstock before adding a mixture of green watercolors.  I used the plastic packaging technique and some bubble wrap stamping.  (I did a Shimmerz Shortz on that technique last week).  I used a blend of Aqua Huez Green With Envy, Creameez Lettuce Get Together & Shimmerz Jilted Jade.  I used Inklingz Good as Gold on the bubble wrap.  You can see how I did all of that in my process video down below.


I used some Spritz Caribbean Sunset and a stamp to create these hearts.   I just sprayed the Spritz onto some plastic and dipped the heart into it and stamped it on white cardstock.  Once they dried, I fussy cut them out and used them as embellishments.  Since I only had the paper pad for this layout, I needed to create my own embellishments.  This is a great way to use your Shimmerz to do that!


I did pull a few gold stickers from a MAMBI sticker book and a few flair buttons from my stash.  I love how the hearts look layered together like this.  They were so easy to make!  You can also see all the different shades of green and gold here.


I wanted to try and use all the colors from my papers on my background.  I love how the greens and gold look together!  I decided to curve my journaling to match the curvy title.


I punched these small hearts out of patterned paper to create this little heart strip.  Again, that's another idea for making your own embellishments.


Here's one more close up of all that pretty Shimmerz goodness!  Don't you just love the variety of colors and finishes?  There really is something for everyone's taste.


Here's my process video.  I will share with you how I created this layout from start to finish, so I hope you check it out and get some fun ideas!


Thanks so much for stopping by, and have a great day!


Products Used:
Aqua Huez--Green With Envy
Creameez--Lettuce Get Together
Shimmerz--Jilted Jade
Inklingz--Good as Gold
Spritz--Caribbean Sunset


1 comment:

blbabe1234 said...

Stunning layout!! Love the fun wavy title and how you used those Shimmerz products!