Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Fun with Woodgrain!

Hi there! Melissa stopping in today with 2 fun ways to get a woodgrain look to your cards using Shimmerz and either a stencil or an embossing folder.


These are the Shimmerz Products that I used.

For the pink woodgrain I used Crushed Coral Texturez. And for the Blue Green woodgrain I used Spun Sugar Dazzlerz, Well Blue Me Down Coloringz and Palm Reader Vibez.

Let's get started!

For the Blue Green card I first started with a piece of kraft cardstock cut down to the size of my card front. I spread a light layer of the Spun Sugar Dazzlerz using a palette knife. Try and get it as smooth as you can or you will get a lot of excess paint into the non-embossed areas.


Next, take a woodgrain embossing folder and using only one side of the folder, gently place it on top of the cardstock and press down. Carefully, lift the folder straight up, making sure you don't shift it. Set aside for a few hours until completely dry. (Make sure you wash your embossing folder right away with a little water and a sponge so the paint won't dry and ruin your folder.)


Next, using the Well Blue Me Down Coloringz and Palm Reader Vibez, lightly spray the cardstock. The more you spray, the darker it will get.


Decorate as desired! The kraft cardstock showing through the shimmer of the Spun Sugar Dazzlerz really gives it a great look!


For the pink woodgrain, I just simply placed a woodgrain stencil over my cardstock and using a palette knife, spread a thin layer of the Crushed Coral Texturez over the stencil. Again, be careful when lifting the stencil up when complete.


Set aside to dry. Then decorate as desired! Not only does the Crushed Coral Texturez give it texture but lots of amazing shimmer and shine!!


And don't forget, when placing your order, don't forget to add my name, Melissa B, to the "Notes to Merchant" section of your PayPal checkout! You will receive a Free Shimmerz Product with your order!!

Hope you have an amazing day!



5 comments:

Glennis F said...

What amazing effects! I love the colours and the end result

Nan G said...

Beautiful cards! What a cool way to use an embossing folder.

Lori Aragon said...

My favorite GENIUS... I would never have thought to use Kraft cardstock. I love the effect - AND I already have the Spun Sugar YAY! The stenciled coral card is beautiful as well. The texture is quite amazing!!! Ten thumbs up lol!
xoxoxoxo

Debbie said...

Wow! What beautiful cards! I've never used these products but you have definitely inspired me to try it! Thank you for showing us how!

Debbie said...

Wow! What beautiful cards! I've never used these products but you have definitely inspired me to try it! Thank you for showing us how!