Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Fun Ombre Effects with Beck BT

Hey there it's Beck BT here today to share with you a fun couple of cards I made using the yummy Shimmerz Creameez for a sweet ombre effect.  It is so easy to achieve numerous colours of the same tone and I just love how fun and easy this card was to make so I thought I would share with you a little tutorial to go with it!

Here is my steps process for you:

  • Create an ombre effect with Shimmerz Boogie Boardin' Blue Creameez adding the colour in layers watering it down for each layer and drying between layers. 

  • Next I added some stamping with the Fun Stampers Journey 'Postage Stamps' stamp with matching ink colour to my background.  I used Fun Stampers Journey Blue Lagoon true color fusion Ink pad
  • Next I stamped using the Lawn Fawn's Sentiments stamp 'Thank you' in black.  This is quite a fine script. 
  • I layered my white cardstock onto a Black cardstock slightly larger and then added to a white card base
  • I finished off the card with some light colored twine and black enamel dots.  

I wanted to use the dark enamel dots to bring in the black colour base


For my cards today I used the follwoing Shimmerz products:

Shimmerz Creameez - Boogie Boardin' Blue

 Thanks so much for heading over to the blog today to check out my project!  I hope I've inspired you and shown you how lovely a little Shimmerz Paints can easily create amazing cards!


Till next time
xxxBeck BT


Like what I have used and would like to get your hands on some?  See below:  



No comments: