Saturday, November 14, 2015

Beautiful, or how I love purple (with Karine)

Hi Shimmerz fans,

I hope this post finds you well. 

It's my turn today to share a layout using one of my favorite colors to work with: purple. Here is my layout. 


I started out by a thin coat of clear gesso on my paper. After that, I applied modelling paste through a flower stencil. Where I wanted to create my main cluster, I added doilies glued with gel medium, very heavy gesso and some joint tape. I love the texture it creates.


To add color, I used two of my favorites colors: Vibez in Grape Escape and Spritz in Plum Pudding. I sprayed mainly in the center of my cluster, using my brush to move color a little bit in a few key places. A few stamps to finish off my background.


I also used those two colors to color my chipboard on which I already gave a coat of white gesso.



***

You can order Shimmerz products directly from the Shimmerz Paints Store. If you do, don't forget to mention my name (Karine Gagnon) in the «Instruction to Merchant/seller» part of your order form (just below your name and address). After clicking «add», you'll get a FREE product in the color of your choice. 


No comments: