Sunday, November 22, 2015

A Glimpse of You - Layout by Karine

Hi,

Can you believe that in not much more than a month from now, it will be Christmas? The year went by so fast! I'm glad to pop by today to share with you a layout with fresh and cool colors. Here it is.


I covered my 7 Dots Studio paper (Walk the Plank, from the Destination Unknown collection) with clear gesso. Once dry, I used some modeling paste and two Prima stencils. Then, it was time for the color. Always my favorite part of a project.


I went with three mists: Grape Escape Vibez, Royal Purple Vibez and Rock-a-fella Blue Spritz. I sprayed them randomly across my stencil work, using some water to blend the colors.


Since I wanted a bit more definition around my embellishments, I used Shimmerz in Sugar Plum, Royal Purple and Ultra Marine just around everything I glued on my layout. It makes the embellishments stand out more. 

***

You can order Shimmerz products directly from the Shimmerz Paints Store. If you do, don't forget to mention my name (Karine Gagnon) in the «Instruction to Merchant/seller» part of your order form (just below your name and address). After clicking «add», you'll get a FREE product in the color of your choice. 


1 comment:

Astrid Maclean said...

LOVE this, the paints look magical over the gorgeous paper. Great stencil work too and a fabulous composition!